Skip to main content

Featured Posts

Breaking: Yahaya Bello responds to the EFCC's invitation, asserting that he has nothing to conceal.

  By Chico Mies Yahaya Bello, the former Governor of Kogi State, has formally accepted an invitation from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), as confirmed by his media office on Wednesday, following consultations with family members, legal advisors, and political associates.  According to a statement issued by Ohiare Michael, Director of the Yahaya Bello Media Office, the former governor's decision to appear before the anti-corruption agency underscores his commitment to transparency. Bello faces 19 charges related to money laundering amounting to N80.2 billion.  Notably, he has sought to enforce his fundamental rights to ensure due process. The former governor has expressed his support for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's administration and its anti-corruption initiatives.  EFCC Chairman Ola Olukoyede had previously pledged to resign if Bello was not prosecuted, reaffirming the commission's commitment to pursuing the case to its logical conclusion.

Miss Universe: Model Rejected in South Africa Expresses Gratitude for a Second Chance to Pursue Her Ambition.

By Chico Mies

Chidimma Adetshina, the titleholder of Miss Universe Nigeria 2024, expressed that her invitation to participate in the competition represented a renewed opportunity to realize her aspirations


Chidimma Adetshina, the titleholder of Miss Universe Nigeria 2024, expressed that her invitation to participate in the competition represented a renewed opportunity to realize one of her most significant aspirations.


The 23-year-old law student arrived in Nigeria after agreeing to take part in the competition, which followed her contentious decision to withdraw from Miss South Africa 2024 amid xenophobic criticism related to her nationality.


She was born to a father from Nigeria and a mother from Mozambique, and her upbringing took place in Soweto. She competed on behalf of Taraba State in a highly competitive event that featured 25 participants in total.


Adetshina is set to be awarded N10 million in cash, in addition to various other prizes, and will represent Nigeria at the Miss Universe pageant taking place in Mexico this November.


In an interview with Arise Television prior to her victory, Adetshina expressed her enthusiasm, stating, “I am incredibly thrilled; it feels like a second opportunity to fulfill one of my greatest aspirations and ambitions. I have always dreamed of becoming a model, although I lacked knowledge about pageantry and related aspects.”


 My introduction to the world of pageantry occurred in 2017, a moment that inspired me to aspire to become the next Miss Universe. I established personal goals and committed myself to achieving them. This journey aligns perfectly with my long-held ambitions, and I am sincerely thankful for the opportunity to pursue them.


In response to whether she would have entered the pageant without an invitation, she stated, "No, I would not have participated, as I would not have been aware of my potential to do so. Additionally, it has been quite some time since I have been in Nigeria. However, after observing various comments, I began to consider the possibility of participating. Ultimately, when the invitation arrived, I was thrilled to receive such an opportunity, which prompted me to act swiftly."


“Since my arrival, I have been met with an overwhelming amount of love and encouragement from all the women here. Initially, I anticipated that some might harbor negative feelings regarding my invitation and presence, but I can confidently say that the support and kind words I have received from these remarkable individuals have been unwavering. I am truly pleased that they have embraced me, despite any critiques or comments suggesting that I may have an unfair advantage”.


“I am sincerely thankful for the affection and support I have encountered. No one should ever feel unaccepted or unloved. My gratitude stems from witnessing the genuine support and love around me. I had expected to encounter hostility, yet I have been pleasantly surprised by the warmth I have experienced. This positivity fuels my spirit, brings me joy, and motivates me to pursue my aspirations and daily endeavors with renewed vigor. I am deeply appreciative of their kindness”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Tinubu’s Nationwide Broadcast Contained False Oil Production Data, OPEC Reports

By Chico Mies. Tinubu asserted that Nigeria's crude oil output had attained 1.6 million barrels per day, crediting this achievement to the reforms implemented by his administration within the oil sector. Data from the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) suggests that President Bola Tinubu may have conveyed misleading information to the Nigerian populace concerning the nation’s oil production levels. In a speech delivered on August 4, in response to the concerns of the #EndBadGovernance protesters, President Tinubu claimed that Nigeria's crude oil production had attained a level of 1.6 million barrels per day. He further credited this accomplishment to the reforms implemented by his administration within the oil sector. Share this post:

Tools from Google to advertise your business

 By Chico Mies In a competitive market, the ultimate reward is attention. To increase revenue, create leads, and increase brand recognition, businesses need to stand out. In this article, CHICO MIES discusses utilising Google resources to accomplish these aims. Advertising (ads) is a common strategy used by organisations to reach their target market, increase brand recognition, and boost sales. They use a variety of media, such as print, radio, television, social media platforms, search engines, email marketing, influencer marketing, and online display advertisements. The emergence of Artificial Intelligence is significantly transforming the dynamics of the digital marketing sector. Recently, Google Ads has launched a range of innovative AI-driven tools aimed at improving both creativity and performance for businesses. These state-of-the-art tools equip marketers with sophisticated analytics that yield valuable insights, AI-enhanced image capabilities, automated asset creation, and sea

The ten countries with the lowest economic status in 2024 are mainly situated in Africa, where GDP per capita is the lowest among all nations.

  By Chico Mies. The list of the ten poorest countries in the world for 2024 includes South Sudan, which is recognized as the youngest nation globally, having gained independence in 2011. This country faces significant economic challenges, political instability, ongoing conflicts, and inadequate infrastructure that hinder its development. A List of the Ten Least Affluent Nations Globally Based on GDP Per Capita: Earlier this year, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) forecasted that the global economy is anticipated to maintain a steady yet cautious trajectory in 2024–25, with a projected growth rate of 3.2%.  This assessment highlights the economy's recovery and resilience amid the disruptions caused by COVID-19 and ongoing geopolitical challenges.  It is noteworthy that advanced economies are experiencing a slight uptick in growth, whereas emerging markets and developing economies are expected to face a modest deceleration, with growth rates declining from 4.3% in 2023 to 4.2% i